I want to share with you guys my top 5 oils for my hair. I’ve told you this before, but I really am a product junkie and I love to try different hair products especially oil. I get a lot of questions on what other hair oil I use besides coconut oil (read my coconut oil post here) and I think I’ve narrowed it down…but on the top of my list still remains…
1) Coconut Oil. I can’t stress enough how much I love coconut oil. Not only because it works wonders for my wet or dry hair, but it’s soo cheap! It’s the best bang for your buck and it lasts a lifetime. I use it right from the jar and plaster it all over or warm it up in the microwave and use it as a hot oil treatment and really work it into my scalp. A+!
2) Moroccan Oil. Ooooh yeeeaaah. If you guys follow me on Instagram, I mention in one of my posts that my favorite color is robin’s egg blue and the Moroccan Oil brand is robin’s egg blue! This brand already had me hooked without even trying the product lol. I love this entire line (especially the shampoo and condioner) and I’ve been using the oil for forever. It smells amazing, looks like liquid gold, and is filled with antioxidants and vitamins! This product might be on the pricier side for some of you, but sometimes it worth paying top dollar for quality. It’s won a bunch of awards and with good reasoning. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and non- greasy! A+!
3) Mixed Chicks. If you’ve been following me along my blogging journey, you know one my first posts was all about how much I love Mixed Chicks. For those of you who haven’t read it, you can read that post here. Mixed Chicks Replenishing Oil is filled with so many different types of oil that it just maximizes it’s greatness! Check it. Sunflower, soybean, carrot, jojoba, rose hip, macadamia, olive, and various essential oils. I love the way it smells and it instantly makes my hair feel hydrated and a bonus…it’s multi functional so it’s perfect for skin, too! Because this oil is a combined with so many other oils it can be a bit heavy for fine hair. In that case, apply oil to dry hair and continue with shampoo/conditioner. A+!
4) Kinksology. I’m sure most of you haven’t heard of this company before, I hadn’t either until recently. I’m always up for trying new hair products and Kinks Hair Studio in Missisauga, Ontario was kind enough to send me a package of their products including the Healing Serum, that I am a new fan of. I would absolutely NOT be sharing this product with you if I didn’t love it. Their Healing Serum consists of coconut oil (bonus!), avocado oil, and peppermint oil. I’m an essential oil crazy person, so I was excited to see that peppermint oil was listed in the ingredients. Peppermint oil can be used on scalp to promote blood flow and promote hair growth, so I like to use this oil right on my scalp and massage it in real good. I love the natural earthy smell and leaves my hair soft and shiny! A+!
Use my code JUSTPEACHY on the Kinksology website to qualify for free shipping on orders over $65 (CAD orders only)!
5) RedKen. I wrote a post featuring my favorite RedKen products (read that here) and I’m going to expand the list to include RedKen’s Diamond Oil. I love this oil because it helps to reduce blow-dry or diffuse time, which is always a good idea because the less heat, the better! I know I keep saying that these oils all leave my hair shiny because it’s true- shine bright like a diamond. =)! I can’t exactly pin point what this product smells like, but trust me it’s divine! This is a product I’ve purchased over and over again. A+!
What hair oils do you like? I love trying new products so share some with me!