Did you know that the skin around your eyes is more delicate than the rest of your face? It’s true. If you pinch the skin near your eyes and compare it to your forehead, cheeks, or chin, you can immediately feel the difference. Because of this, our eyes need a little more TLC when it comes to skin care. In addition to a basic regime -cleanse, tone, exfoliate, and moisturize- having a consistent eye care routine can help with things like dark circles (ME!), puffy eyes, fine lines and wrinkles. But where the hell do you even start when it comes to selecting products? Here are some of my favorite products, tips, and tricks when it comes to eye care.
- Zo Skin Health Intense Eye Crème– A retinol eye treatment that I use daily after cleansing my face. This product helps to minimize free radical damage and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. It also has optical light diffusers that will help to reduce the look of dark circles and brighten the eye area. To shop this product or for more information on it click here. It’s one my absolute favorites, but I will warn you the price is on the higher end ($130). This product will be for those who make skin care a priority and ready to invest in quality.
- Dermalogica Age Smart MultiVitamin Power Firm– Filled with antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E, and green tea, this product will help to smooth the under eye, protect against free radical damage, and improve the skin’s natural repair process. I used this product in the past while I was still figuring how much I’ve wanted to spend and what products worked best for me. Moderately priced at $65, this is a great product for those just starting their skin care journey. Check this product out here!
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches – One of my favorite eye masks to do as it drastically reduces the look of my dark circles and puffy eyes. I’ll use them when my allergies flare up and give me puffy eyes, if I had a bad sleep and wake up with dark circles, if I have an event/function, or if I just feel like pampering myself. I just love them! Yes, they are a little on the pricey side ($75), but they work wonders for me and I always make sure I have some on hand. Tip: Keep them in the fridge for an instant cooling sensation. The coolness will also help with puffiness! Shop them here.
- Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift– I was gifted a tube of this and I loved it! After each application my under eyes felt fresh and visibly looked hydrated. Hyaluronic acid helps to firm and plump the skin to create a smoother texture. One of my favorite things about this product is the roller ball applicator. It instantly cools the skin and you can almost feel the de-puffing immediately. Tip: This is a great product to take on flights to freshen up and fight dehydration. Click here for more info!
- Crystal Facial Roller– This facial roller helps to smooth, de-puff, and penetrate products into the skin. I purchased this in the summer and fell in love! I use it every night before bed after I’ve applied my products. The crystal roller will encourage products to penetrate deeper into the skin, which is exactly where we want it to go! The gentle rolling motion helps with stimulation and can aid in the removal of toxins. If you aren’t sold yet, it actually just feels amazing to roll on your face. It is a 5 star massage in my books! Tip: Keep this in the fridge and use it cold to fight puffiness. Shop the $28 Rose Quart roller here or the Jade Roller here.
- Clarisonic Sonic Awakening Eye Massager– This attachment from Clarisonic is made specially for eyes to de-puff and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Attach this head to your existing Clarisonic device, apply eye cream or serum to the skin, and move the device all around the eye area. The device massages the skin and reduces the skin temperature to reduce the look of tired eyes. I am a hardcore Clarisonic fan and use it to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin every single day. Yes, this device is an investment, but can last several years with proper care. To purchase the Clarisonic Smart device ($199) click here. To purchase the Sonic Awakening Eye Massager attachment ($59) click here.
We all spend hours looking at our phones, computers, TV’s, squinting, reading, driving, and hundreds of other things that manipulate the delicate skin around our eyes. All these things can cause our eyes to look overworked and tired. They deserve a little extra love, wouldn’t you agree? Whether you have an advanced skin care routine or just starting out, there is something in this post for everyone! P.S. Perhaps one of these items would make a great Christmas gift for yourself or someone else (hehe!).
Do you incorporate eye care into your skincare routine? I’d love to hear from you!
*I am not a Dermatologist and each product will affect everyone differently. Seek help from a Dermatologist if you need more guidance.