If you’ve been keeping up with Just Peachy, a while ago I did a post called Chrome Nails and I promised you a post about holographic nails. That day has come!
I purchased chrome pigment from Ocean Nail Supply months ago and after being amazed with the results, I had to go back for more…but holographic this time. For those of you who don’t know how this product works, it’s a pigment powder that can be applied (by a professional) on top of any light cured polish of choice. I’ve applied this pigment on top of several colors for my clients and the finished product is…astonishing!
For my professional nail tech readers, follow these steps for a flawless, lasting set of holographic nails.
- Step 1: Prep nails thoroughly (as normal).
- Step 2: Apply base. Cure 30 seconds.
- Step 3: 2 coats of color. Cure 30 seconds/coat. I find that brighter neons (pinks, blues, oranges) look amazing underneath the pigment.
- Step 4: Apply 1 coat of Gossip Gel from Ocean Nail Supply. Cure 30 seconds.
- Step 5: Apply holographic pigment thoroughly to each nail. Do not cure, or wipe. Click here for tutorials.
- Step 6: This step is optional. Apply a thin layer off soak off clear gel (I use Gelish Structure Gel). I like to do this step for extra protection and strength. Cure 30 seconds.
- Step 7: Seal with top coat. Cure 30 seconds.
For my set (as seen above) I applied a periwinkle color called “Aim to Chill” by Artistic Color Gloss underneath the holographic pigment. One thing I will say about holo pigment is that certain lights will alter the look. There are times when I catch my nails looking icy blue, or slate grey, and of course the mesmerizing holo effect in direct sunlight. I looove the finished product and I wish I could do each of your nails personally! Will you request this look next time your at the nail salon?!
If you’ve already had this look done or if you know of a salon that offers holographic pigment, comment below with your city and name of nail salon. This trend is too beautiful to keep a secret, let’s help each other out!